Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Practing forms: Magistrula

Magistrula is one of my favorite websites. This website allows students to practice their conjugation and declensions charts while getting immediate feedback. Students can create accounts on this website so that they can track their own progress, and teachers can login and send assignments to students who have accounts on this website.  I have been assigning my students charts to do as homework using certain parameters (eg. first and second declension charts, third declension charts without neuter, etc.).  I also like that there is an option for macrons or no macrons, depending on whether or not you teaching students to use them.  There are also sentences that students can compose, which I am just starting to use with my Latin 1 students (with limited parameters for what they know).  I'm very impressed by this website.  It is quick and easy for students to use, although we found that it is a bit small to use on devices other than a computer. I often give assignments on magistrula for homework or as a quick warm up or exit ticket.

Link: https://www.magistrula.com/latin

No comments:

Post a Comment